Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Registered Nurse (RN) with Corizon Health:
- Responds to and initiates care for medical emergencies throughout the facility. This includes the ability to perform continuous CPR until properly relieved.
- Administers and documents medications on the Medication Administration Record. Documents all nursing care provided.
- Performs histories and physicals on inmates. Assesses patient health status and refers to appropriate level of healthcare provider. Physically assists Physician in patient examinations and treatments. Implements and follows up on Physician / Dentist verbal and written orders.
- Teaches healthcare information to patients and correctional staff.
- Collects samples, specimens and cultures per Physician orders.
- Adheres to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills. Follows security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled medications. Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Performs venipuncture and I.V. therapy.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management